Policy Statement on Children and Young People in St. Paul's Church
This statement was adopted by the Parish of St. Paul, Oldham at a Parochial Church Council meeting held on Wednesday 29 March 2017. This policy will be reviewed each year to monitor the progress which has been achieved.
- As members of this church, we commit ourselves to the nurturing, protection and safekeeping of all, especially children and young people.
- It is the responsibility of each one of us to prevent the physical, sexual and emotional abuse of children and young people and to report any abuse discovered or suspected.
- We recognise that our work with children and young people is the responsibility of the whole Church.
- Our church is committed to supporting, resourcing and training those who work with children and young people and to providing supervision.
- Our church is committed to following the policy and procedures published by the Diocese.
- The parish will adopt good practice guidelines.
- Each worker with children and young people must undertake diocesan Safeguarding training, know the guidelines and undertake to follow them. Each shall be given a copy of the Parish’s agreed procedures and good practice guidelines.
- The parish is committed to supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work amongst people who may be vulnerable.
- The parish adopts the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese.
- Each person who works with vulnerable people will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this church.
As part of our commitment to children and young people, the PCC has appointed Mrs. Carol Vaudrey to be the Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinator.
- Children and young people are an important part of our Church today.
- They have much to give as well as to receive.
- We will listen to them.
- As we nurture them in worship, learning, and in community life, we will respect the wishes and feelings of children and young people.
This church appoints xxxx xxxxx to represent the concerns and views of children and young people at our meetings and to outside bodies.
|Incumbent||Churchwarden||Churchwarden||Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinator|
29 March 2017