Agenda for PCC Meeting
7:00 pm Thursday 12 October 2023
Welcome and Prayers
Minutes of the last meeting
- to include To Do List
- also be aware of outstanding tasks from the Quinquennial Report
- and the Mission Action Plan Mission Action Plan (objectives and completed tasks)
Reserves // Parish Share
That the PCC agrees to:
- prioritising any urgent or essential fabric projects . . .
- then paying as much Parish Share as possible . . .
- to leave 4 months' reserves in the account.
This will enable us to continue to pay Parish Share without forcing us to discuss it every quarter.
We also need to consider how we can be more proactive about inviting donations from the congregation!
- discussion of results of the attachment questionnaire
A congregation member has asked whether we should engage an organist. . . (and we had organised a monthly organist before Covid-19)
Here are five proposals to help us move towards silver for "Lifestyle" in the EcoChurch awards:
☀ Sunday School produce a Communal Christmas Card each year.
☀ We encourage church members to share what they do to protect the environment at a particular season of the year (e.g. Lent) instead of the sermon
☀ Put a link on the website, about the time we do the church Carbon Neutral Audit, inviting people to do an audit of their lifestyle for (a) environmental friendliness; (b) carbon usage. Gina proposes Climate Hero
☀ Encourage church members to share home-cooked recipes.
☀ Set up an eco-church blog containing stories and pictures from congregation members about eco-things that they have been doing.
- Safeguarding (3 DBS checks awaited)
- Community Room
- Finance: Financial Summary to September 2023
- Health & Safety
- Mission Community (to include: (a) Bereavement Cafe, (b) Sunday School Leader Training, (c) Intercessions Training, (d) Admission of Children to Holy Communion.)
We need to set/note the following dates:
- Date of next meeting