This faculty application, which has now been submitted, covers a range of work to improve safety and security around St. Paul's Church building.
The steps down to the cellar door are on the NE corner of the building.
Quotations from Quinquennial Report 2012:
Provide protective railings to the boiler house steps and introduce a handrail on one side fo the steps (Items which should be completed within the next 18 months).
Remove old fuel tank bund wall and make good to the paving. (Repairs which should be carried out during the Quinquennium)
Overhaul and repaint the railings to the E. boundary wall. (Items which should be carried out in the next 18 months.)
Pictures of the steps
(Click on a picture to zoom in)
- Many large objects (e.g. staging) are stored in the cellar - so protecting the steps immediately on both sides would be problemmatic, preventing us from storing the staging in the church cellar. This is an important local consideration.
- The remains of the oil tank surround have since been removed (picture 4), next to the brown cellar door. We would like to plant a flower bed of easy to maintain shrubs there.
Steps from the Community Garden
The steps are located at the SE corner of the church grounds.
Quotation from Quinquennial Report 2012:
Either close the southern boundary south-east corner gate so that it can no longer be used, or provide handrail guarding to the steps. (Items which should be completed in the next 18 months)
- We would prefer a hand rail to support those going up and down the steps.
- We think the wall needs shoring up.
- There seems to be earth and uneven stone slabs on the bottom step, inside the gate.
- The whole boundary wall may also need repointing.