The Parish of St. Paul, Oldham
Welcome to the home page of St. Paul's Church, Hathershaw, Oldham.
St. Paul's is one of many parish churches in the Church of England. It is part of the Diocese of Manchester.
The church building is open for Sunday Services.
New Arrangements from 19 July You may be aware that there are new freedoms from Covid-19. . .
We are aiming to keep our Sunday morning arrangements as safe as possibly, given local Covid-19 rates, by keeping our existing procedures in place.
- We strongly encourage you, as an expression of Christian respect and love for others, to continue to wear a face mask during church Services (unless you have a medical or psychological reason not to do so).
- We are now going to start singing (quietly, with masks) one hymn each service, plus the sung liturgy at Holy Communion.
- You are now allowed to sit next to others. But please only sit next to other people where you have arranged this in advance.
- We will continue to offer the bread, only, at Holy Communion.
- Signing in is NOT compulsory.
- Full details can be found in our revised Risk Assessment
- The midweek service of Holy Communion at St. Thomas' takes place every Wednesday at 10:30 am. All welcome.
- English Classes have now finished for the Summer. They will restart in September.
- Thanks to the Duchy of Lancaster Benevolent Fund for awarding us a grant of £600 to make efficiencies to the Heating System. Well done to Cath for a successful grant application!
- Would you like to serve on one of our PCC Working Groups: Social Activities, Church Fabric, Youth, or Finance. Please see Lynne!
- Church Collection As usual we cannot have a collection in church. Church funds continue to be low! Please feel free to leave a collection on the plate as you leave church. Thank you for your generosity.
- Picnic Weather permitting, we hope to organise a picnic, with St. Thomas' church members, on Sunday 29 August, after Church, in Alexandra Park.
Charities we support:
Jar of Grace: