The Parish of St. Paul, Oldham
Welcome to the home page of St. Paul's Church, Hathershaw, Oldham. St. Paul's is one of many parish churches in the Church of England. It is part of the Diocese of Manchester.
St. Thomas, Werneth, will be open for Worship at 10:30 am on Sunday 12 July, and the following week we hope the service will be at 10:00 am at St. Paul's.
There will be no Sunday School, Singing, Refreshments, or Holy Communion at this stage. The services will look and feel very different from normal as we work to make the buildings as safe as possible to open on a Sunday morning:
- We have carried out a Covid-19 risk assessment.
- We have cleaning, hand cleansing, and hygiene procedures in place, in line with government guidance.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help everyone maintain a 2m distance between users of our church.
We expect you
- to refrain from entering if you are feeling unwell, or have experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the past 7 days
- to take responsibility for your own safety, and for the safety of your household and other people by maintaining social distancing and observing all hygiene measures
- to ensure all children are supervised at all times
Please continue to watch this space for further updates.
This website is currently being rebuilt and simplified. One or two links do not work yet!
Admissions at the Blue Coat School
Please note Cranmer Education Trust has published a letter concerning admissions arrangements while churches are closed due to Covid-19
If you can't get to a funeral, use the button below to find prayers and reflections to use at home at the same time, or at a different time.
SUNDAY 12 July 2020:
10:30 am: Service at St. Thomas, Werneth
SUNDAY 19 July 2020:
10:00 am: Service at St. Paul, Oldham